Nghề nghiệp là một lĩnh vực hoạt động lao động mà trong đó, nhờ được đào tạo, con người có được những tri thức, kỹ năng để làm ra các loại sản phẩm vật chất hay tinh thần nào đó, đáp ứng nhu cầu của xã hội. Bài viết này, IELTS Fighter sẽ giới thiệu với bạn 241 từ vựng tiếng Anh về nghề nghiệp thường được sử dụng trong cuộc sống và các tình huống đối thoại.
1. Occupation /ˌɒkjəˈpeɪʃən/: Nghề nghiệp
E.g: Please fill in your name, age, and occupation.
2. Doctor /ˈdɒktər/: Bác sĩ
E.g: When did you last visit the doctor?
3. Cashier /kæʃˈɪər/: Thu ngân
E.g: She started as a cashier making $6.50 an hour, then moved up to customer service manager, making $7.65 an hour.
4. Dentist /ˈdentɪst/: Nha sĩ
E.g: You should have your teeth checked by a dentist at least twice a year.
5. Builder /ˈbɪldər/: Thợ xây dựng
E.g: Most of the bricklaying has been subcontracted out to a local builder.
6. Reporter /rɪˈpɔːtər/: Phóng viên
E.g: Now we’re going live to our reporter in Washington for up-to-the-minute news on the crisis.
7. Tailor /ˈteɪlər/: Thợ may
E.g: He’s the new tailor.
8. Teacher /ˈtiːtʃər/: Giáo viên
E.g: My son’s never been in trouble with his teachers before.
9. Cook /kʊk/: Đầu bếp
E.g: He’s an excellent cook.
10. Magician /məˈdʒɪʃən/: Ảo thuật gia
E.g: There’ll be a magician at the kids’ Christmas party.
11. Baker /ˈbeɪkər/: Thợ làm bánh
E.g: He started work at 16 in a local bakers.
12. Artist /ˈɑːtɪst/: Họa sĩ
E.g: The critic was careful, however, not to express his personal opinion about works by specific artists.
13. Waiter /ˈweɪtər/: Bồi bàn
E.g: The waiter handed me the menu with a flourish.
14. Actor /ˈæktər/: Diễn viên
E.g: His father was an amateur actor who worked for a printing company.
15. Nurse /nɜːs/: Y tá
E.g: He worked as a nurse in a psychiatric hospital.
16. Secretary /ˈsekrətəri/: Thư ký
E.g: My secretary will phone you to arrange a meeting.
17. Gardener /ˈɡɑːdənər/: người làm vườn
E.g: I’m not much of a gardener.
18. Vet /vet/: Bác sĩ thú y
E.g: The farmer called the vet out to treat a sick cow.
19. Businessman /ˈbɪznɪsmæn/: Doanh nhân
E.g: He was a successful businessman before becoming a writer.
20. Policeman /pəˈliːs.mən/: Cảnh sát
E.g: The youths scuffled with the policeman, then escaped down the lane.
21. Painter /ˈpeɪntər/: Thợ sơn nhà
E.g: How do you make a living as a painter?
22. Hairdresser /ˈheəˌdresər/: Thợ cắt tóc
E.g: I’m going to change my hairdresser.
23. Dancer /ˈdænsər/: Vũ công
E.g: I never knew you were such a good dancer.
24. Farmer /ˈfɑːmər/: Nông dân
E.g: He is a beef cattle farmer
25. Astronaut /ˈæstrənɔːt/: Phi hành gia
E.g: All I ever want to be was an astronaut.
26. Cartoonist /kɑːrˈtuːnɪst/: Họa sĩ vẽ phim hoạt hình
E.g: Further, either the costume designer or the cartoonist decided to give him what looks like a necklace made of bones, perhaps suggesting cannibalism.
27. Architect /ˈɑːkɪtekt/: Kiến trúc sư
E.g: She is a highly recommended architect.
28. Flight attendant /ˈflaɪt əˌten.dənt/: Tiếp viên hàng không
E.g: The airline’s flight attendants are trained to limit the number of drinks passengers receive on board.
29. Interior designer /ɪnˌtɪə.ri.ə dɪˈzaɪ.nər/: Nhà thiết kế nội thất
E.g: They hired an interior designer to help plan the kitchen renovation.
30. Lawyer /ˈlɔːjər/: luật sư
E.g: I want to see my lawyer before I say anything.
31. Psychologist /saɪˈkɒlədʒɪst/: Nhà tâm lý học
E.g: Despite what many people think, aversion therapy is no longer used by professional psychologists in this country.
32. Model /ˈmɒd.əl/: người mẫu
E.g: She’s going out with a male model.
33. Receptionist /rɪˈsepʃənɪst/: nhân viên lễ tân
E.g: When you get here, the receptionist will direct you to my office.
34. Paramedic /ˌpærəˈmedɪk/: Nhân viên cấp cứu
E.g: When he fell, the local paramedics came to get him.
35. Surgeon /ˈsɜːdʒən/: Bác sĩ phẫu thuật
E.g: The surgeon did everything in her power to save him.
36. Musician /mjuːˈzɪʃən/: Nhạc công
E.g: The concert features dancers and musicians of all nationalities.
37. Sailor /ˈseɪlər/: Thủy thủ
E.g: He was a young sailor on his first sea voyage.
38. Florist /ˈflɒrɪst/: Người bán hoa
E.g: So did you hire a florist?
39. Chauffeur /ˈʃəʊ.fər/: Tài xế riêng
E.g: He’s my secretary, chauffeur and porter.
40. Firefighter /ˈfaɪəfaɪtər/: Lính cứu hỏa
E.g: Several of the firefighters received commendation for their bravery.
41. Writer /ˈraɪtər/: Nhà văn
E.g: She is a well-known writer of children’s books.
42. Lifeguard /ˈlaɪfɡɑːd/: Nhân viên cứu hộ (ở bể bơi, bãi biển…)
E.g: Perhaps the intending swimmer does not speak the same language as the lifeguard or is too far away to hear her.
43. Plumber /ˈplʌmər/: Thợ sửa ống nước
E.g: We’ll have to get a plumber in to look at that water tank.
44. Mailman /ˈmeɪlmæn/: Người đưa thư
E.g: The mailman was here, so I brought your mail.
45. Barista /bɑːrˈiːs.tə/: Nhân viên pha chế cà phê
E.g: The steamed milk hasn’t much foam, but many baristas make some micro foam to make latte art.
46. Judge /dʒʌdʒ/: Quan tòa, thẩm phán
E.g: The judge will pronounce sentence on the defendant this afternoon.
47. Bodyguard /ˈbɒdiɡɑːd/: Cận vệ
E.g: The prince is always accompanied by his bodyguards.
48. Babysitter /ˈbeɪbisɪt̬ɚ/: Người giữ trẻ
E.g: I promised the babysitter that we’d be home by midnight.
49. Pilot /ˈpaɪlət/: Phi công
E.g: Shortly before the crash the pilot had reported a malfunction of the aircraft’s navigation system.
50. Electrician /ɪˌlekˈtrɪʃən/: Thợ điện
E.g: The electrician has diagnosed a fault in the wiring.
51. Mechanic /mɪˈkænɪk/: Thợ máy, thợ cơ khí
E.g: Buying that second-hand car without having it checked by a mechanic first cost us dear.
52. Cameraman /ˈkæmərəmæn/: Thợ quay phim
E.g: The cameraman glanced at the director of the actors who was dressed in black.
53. Accountant /əˈkaʊn.tənt/: Kế toán
E.g: My accountant takes care of my taxes.
54. Actuary /ˈæk.tʃu.ə.ri/: Chuyên viên thống kê
E.g: As actuaries would discover by the mid-nineteenth century, too much competition also could be a threat to professional status.
55. Astronomer /əˈstrɒn.ə.mər/: Nhà thiên văn học
E.g: Shortly before the bits of matter begin to coalesce, they are observed by alien astronomers.
56. Baggage handler /ˈbæɡ.ɪdʒ ˌhænd.lər/: Nhân viên vận chuyển hành lý
E.g: During ground services a baggage handler hit the side of the aircraft with a tug towing a train of baggage carts.
57. Barber /ˈbɑː.bər/: Thợ cắt tóc
E.g: He used to work as a barber.
58. Barrister /ˈbær.ɪ.stər/: Luật sư
E.g: A man observed the barrister of the criminal who was waiting for the decision of the jury.
59. Beautician /bjuːˈtɪʃ.ən/: Nhân viên làm đẹp
E.g: Who is to train the cobblers and beauticians?
60. Bricklayer /ˈbrɪkˌleɪ.ər/: Thợ nề
E.g: So from floor to floor the teams of bricklayers, stonemasons, smiths and carpenters worked together, eventually to reach the roof.
61. Butcher /ˈbʊtʃ.ər/: Người bán thịt
E.g: The butcher prepared a rack of pork.
62. Butler /ˈbʌt.lər/: Quản gia
E.g: The relationship between the butler and his master has been most fruitful in this respect.
63. Carpenter /ˈkɑː.pɪn.tər/: Thợ mộc
E.g: self-employed boat repairer and carpenter, he had difficulty getting a mortgage.
64. Chef /ʃef/: Bếp trưởng
E.g: He is one of the top chefs in Britain.
65. Composer /kəmˈpəʊ.zər/: Nhà soạn nhạc
E.g: As a composer, he was up there with the best.
66. Detective /dɪˈtek.tɪv/: Thám tử
E.g: She hired a private detective to find out if her husband was having an affair.
67. Diplomat /ˈdɪp.lə.mæt/: Nhà ngoại giao
E.g: The new government has expelled all foreign diplomats.
68. Driver /ˈdraɪ.vər/: Tài xế
E.g: My mum’s an excellent driver.
69. Economist /iˈkɒn.ə.mɪst/: Nhà kinh tế học
E.g: Many economists expect unemployment to fall over the next couple of months.
70. Editor /ˈed.ɪ.tər/: Biên tập viên
E.g: She’s a senior editor in the reference department of a publishing company.
71. Engineer /ˌen.dʒɪˈnɪər/: Kỹ sư
E.g: The engineer is coming to repair our phone tomorrow morning.
72. Estate agent /ɪˈsteɪt ˌeɪ.dʒənt/: Đại lý bất động sản/môi giới bất động sản
E.g: Maria, an estate agent with Strutt & Parker, showed us around the barn conversion.
73. Film director /ˈfɪlm daɪˌrek.tər/: Đạo diễn phim
E.g: I heard a very characteristic story yesterday of a film director who wanted to furnish a set, representing a small back room.
74. Financial adviser /faɪˌnæn.ʃəl ədˈvaɪ.zər/: Nhà tư vấn tài chính
E.g: A good financial adviser will assess a client’s goals and tolerance for risk before suggesting investment options.
75. Fireman /ˈfaɪə.mən/: Lính cứu hỏa
E.g: We’re firemen in peacetime and soldiers when we’re attacked.
76. Fisherman /ˈfɪʃ.ə.mən/: Ngư dân
E.g: They might be nomads living off animals in the grasslands, mountain peoples practicing swidden agriculture, or fishermen and hunters in forest and maritime environments.
77. Fishmonger /ˈfɪʃˌmʌŋ.ɡər/: Người câu cá
E.g: Do you trust fishmongers?
78. Greengrocer /ˈɡriːŋ.ɡrəʊ.sər/: Người bán rau quả
E.g: I got this fantastic pumpkin from the local greengrocer.
79. Homemaker /ˈhəʊmˌmeɪ.kər/: Người nội trợ
E.g: Consider the example of Aki, a young Japanese housewife with two sons.
80. Illustrator /ˈɪl.ə.streɪ.tər/: Người vẽ tranh minh họa
E.g: When graphic designers, photographers and illustrators are involved, costs begin to escalate.
81. Janitor /ˈdʒæn.ɪ.tər/: Người dọn dẹp/Nhân viên vệ sinh
E.g: Was it wide enough to accept union boycotts of buildings not hiring union janitors?
82. Journalist /ˈdʒɜː.nə.lɪst/: Nhà báo
E.g: The journalist took notes throughout the interview.
83. Management consultant /ˌmæn.ɪdʒ.mənt kənˈsʌl.tənt/: Tư vấn quản lý
E.g: But demand is small and the firm hires a management consultant who recommends producing cheaper, inferior products in much larger quantities.
84. Manager /ˈmæn.ɪ.dʒər/: Quản lý
E.g: I would like to speak to the manager.
85. Midwife /ˈmɪd.waɪf/: Nữ hộ sinh
E.g: Were midwives to examine all babies on normal wards, savings would increase to approximately £4.30 per baby born or £2.5 million nationally.
86. Pharmacist /ˈfɑː.mə.sɪst/: Dược sĩ
E.g: All participating pharmacists received training in the provision of pharmaceutical care.
87. Photographer /fəˈtɒɡ.rə.fər/: Thợ chụp ảnh
E.g: She’s a professional photographer.
88. Police /pəˈliːs/: Cảnh sát
E.g: I think you should call the police.
89. Postman /ˈpəʊst.mən/: Người đưa thư
E.g: Our dog bit the postman yesterday.
90. Programmer /ˈprəʊ.ɡræm.ər/: Lập trình viên
E.g: The virtual environment is a model of a robot system as perceived by the programmer through the programming language he uses.
91. Project manager /ˌprɒdʒ.ekt ˈmæn.ɪ.dʒər/: Quản lý dự án
E.g: Vargas was a senior project manager at the telecommunication company.
92. Rapper /ˈræp.ər/: Ca sĩ nhạc rap
E.g: However, the initial lyrics build from empathy to an assertion that the rapper is deeply wounded and vulnerable in a manner belying his tough image.
93. Salesman /ˈseɪlz.mən/: Nam bán hàng
E.g: He was a used-car salesman.
94. Saleswoman /ˈseɪlzˌwʊm.ən/: Cô bán hàng
E.g: Even fruit and vegetable saleswomen and shoe shiners ask for their customers’ numbers.
95. Sea captain /ˈsiː ˌkæp.tɪn/: Thuyền trưởng
E.g: The sea captain commands it on board ship.
96. Shopkeeper /ˈʃɒpˌkiː.pər/: Người bán hàng
E.g: Initially, he worked on a small garden nursery venture begun by his energetic father, who was primarily a postmaster and shopkeeper.
97. Singer /ˈsɪŋ.ər/: Ca sĩ
E.g: Are you a good singer?
98. Soldier /ˈsəʊl.dʒər/: Lính
E.g: He was pictured as a soldier in full uniform.
99. Stockbroker /ˈstɒkˌbrəʊ.kər/: Người môi giới chứng khoán
E.g: He phoned his stockbroker with instructions to sell portions of his portfolio.
100. Tattooist /təˈtuː.ɪst/: Thợ xăm
E.g: However, the distinction between a professional and a non-professional tattooist was not always clear.
101. Telephonist /təˈlef.ən.ɪst/: Tổng đài viên
E.g: A general office dealing with servicing the various specialist subcommittees also contained supervisors, assistant supervisors, telephonists, filing clerks, cleaners, firewatchers and ‘office boys’
102. Interpreter /ɪnˈtɜː.prə.tər/: Thông dịch viên
E.g: She works as an interpreter in Brussels.
103. Veterinarian /ˌvet.ər.ɪˈneə.ri.ən/: Bác sĩ thú y
E.g: He is the chief veterinarian for the zoo and deals with all kinds and sizes of animals.
104. Waitress /ˈweɪ.trəs/: Nữ phục vụ
E.g: She works as a waitress.
105. Welder /ˈwel.dər/: Thợ hàn
E.g: He’s a welder here at the nuclear plant.
106. Worker /ˈwɜː.kər/: Công nhân
E.g: Many companies still treat their management staff better than their workers.
107. Businesswoman /ˈbɪz.nɪsˌwʊm.ən/: Nữ doanh nhân
E.g: An anonymous businesswoman donated one million dollars to the charity.
108. Director /daɪˈrek.tər/: Giám đốc
E.g: She has become the director of the new information centre.
109. Sales representative /ˈseɪlz rep·rɪˌzen·tə·t̬ɪv/: Đại diện bán hàng
E.g: About 100 sales representatives will pitch the product.
110. Nanny /ˈnæn.i/: Bảo mẫu
E.g: A female nanny assisted with the children’s daily care and their father was present in the evenings and on weekends.
111. Optician /ɒpˈtɪʃ.ən/: Bác sĩ nhãn khoa
E.g: You really ought to see an optician.
112. Physiotherapist /ˌfɪz.i.əʊˈθer.ə.pɪst/: Nhà vật lý trị liệu
E.g: In six programmes, eligibility to the exercise component of the programme was decided by a cardiologist or a physiotherapist.
113. Psychiatrist /saɪˈkaɪə.trɪst/: Bác sĩ tâm lý
E.g: A psychiatrist was examined on the mental state of the defendant.
114. Social worker /ˈsəʊ.ʃəl ˌwɜː.kər/: Công tác xã hội
E.g: Her husband died one hour later, and when the family arrived, the social worker left them to be together.
115. Assembler /əˈsem.blər/: Công nhân lắp ráp
E.g: They wanted the relationships between suppliers and assemblers to be ‘ horizontal ‘ or cooperative, rather than handled at arm’s length.
116. Chimney sweep /ˈtʃɪm.ni ˌswiːp/: Công nhân quét ống khói
E.g: First, the chimney sweep was not the primary owner of the jewel.
117. Decorator /ˈdek.ər.eɪ.tər/: Người trang trí
E.g: A firm of painters and decorators
118. Glazier /ˈɡleɪ.zi.ər/: Thợ lắp kính
E.g: It took 20 minutes for a glazier to turn up to repair broken glass and it took 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.
119. Plasterer /ˈplɑː.stər.ər/: Thợ trát vữa
E.g: The plasterers used to be paid after that for putting up people’s ceilings that were affected by subsidence.
120. Roofer /ˈruː.fər/: Thợ sửa mái nhà
E.g: The roofer went up on to the roof and the poor old gentleman paid £400 for what turned out to be one hour’s work.
121. Actress /ˈæk.trəs/: Nữ diễn viên
E.g: She’s the highest-paid actress in Hollywood.
122. Author /ˈɔː.θər/: Tác giả
E.g: He is the author of two books on French history.
123. Comedian /kəˈmiː.di.ən/: Diễn viên hài
E.g: They were without formal dramatic training, and were fantastic jugglers and stilt-walkers and good comedians; and they were very popular.
124. Disc jockey /ˈdɪsk ˌdʒɒk.i/: Người phối nhạc/DJ
E,g: “I Wanna Go Crazy” is a song recorded by French disc jockey, David Guetta.
125. Master of ceremonies /ˌmɑː.stər əv ˈser.ɪ.mə.niz/: Người dẫn chương trình
E.g: The Imagawa subsequently became masters of ceremonies in the service of the Tokugawa clan.
126. Graphic designer /ˌɡræf.ɪk dɪˈzaɪ.nər/: Người thiết kế đồ họa
E.g: She was a freelance graphic designer.
127. Playwright /ˈpleɪ.raɪt/: Nhà viết kịch
E.g: Well, he is difficult because he is not a playwright.
128. Sculptor /ˈskʌlp.tər/: Nhà điêu khắc
E.g: Henry Moore, who died in 1986, is one of Britain’s best-known sculptors.
129. Choreographer /ˌkɒr.iˈɒɡ.rə.fər/: Biên đạo múa
E.g: She is a passionate Spanish dancer and choreographer.
130. Scientist /ˈsaɪən.tɪst/: Nhà khoa học
E.g: There are scientists who say that the results of the research are flawed.
131. Biologist /baɪˈɒl.ə.dʒɪst/: Nhà sinh vật học
E.g: Understanding the evolution of progenesis in trematodes is thus an important challenge for evolutionary biologists and parasitologists.
132. Botanist /ˈbɒt.ən.ɪst/: Nhà thực vật học
E.g: She was not trained as a scientist but on all her voyages took along a staff of geologists, botanists, zoologists, and hydrologists.
133. Chemist /ˈkem.ɪst/: Nhà hóa học
E.g: Chemists at pharmaceutical companies are vying to create a cure for migraine.
134. Meteorologist /ˌmiː.ti.əˈrɒl.ə.dʒɪst/: Nhà khí tượng học
E.g: An approximation to the former type of body is found in the cup of the meteorologist’s anemometer.
135. Physicist /ˈfɪz.ɪ.sɪst/: Nhà vật lý
E.g: This is not a happy conclusion since presentism does not seem to be the favoured theory among physicists and metaphysicians.
136. Researcher /rɪˈsɜː.tʃər/: Nhà nghiên cứu
E.g: She’s a researcher on a women’s magazine.
137. Bartender /ˈbɑːˌten.dər/: Người pha chế rượu
E.g: For bartenders, hosts, and kitchen workers, garbage bags were the most difficult resource to obtain.
138. Air traffic controller /ˌeə træf.ɪk kənˈtrəʊ.lər/: Kiểm soát viên không lưu
E.g: She likes aviation but didn’t want to fly, so she became an air traffic controller.
139. Bus driver /ˈbʌs ˌdraɪ.vər/: Tài xế xe buýt
E.g: The bus driver opened the door and a stream of passengers got out.
140. Taxi driver /ˈtæk.si ˌdraɪ.vər/: Tài xế taxi
E.g: Taxi drivers must pass exams showing that they speak English and understand the area’s geography.
141. Dockworker /ˈdɒkwɜːkər/: Công nhân bến tàu
E.g: When just a few dockworkers stop moving cargo, the flow of goods grinds to a halt.
142. Web designer /ˈweb dɪˌzaɪ.nər/: Nhà thiết kế web
E.g: Small businesses often cannot afford the costs of consultant web designers.
143. Lecturer /ˈlek.tʃər.ər/: Giảng viên
E.g: He taught design for several years as a part-time lecturer, and is a prolific published architectural critic.
144. Teaching assistant /ˈtiː.tʃɪŋ əˌsɪs.tənt/: Trợ giảng
E.g: Teaching assistant are popular jobs for students who are capable of foreign languages.
145. Police officer /pəˈliːs ˌɒf.ɪ.sər/: Sĩ quan cảnh sát
E.g: We cannot think of the fleeing felon rule as the product of a rational agreement for mutual benefit between police officer and fleeing suspect.
146. Solicitor /səˈlɪs.ɪ.tər/: Cố vấn pháp luật
E.g: My solicitor is drawing up a contract.
147. Politician /ˌpɒl.ɪˈtɪʃ.ən/: Chính trị gia
E.g: Several politicians were accused of dispensing favours to people who voted for them.
148. Civil servant /ˌsɪv.əl ˈsɜː.vənt/: Công chức
E.g: The pompous impersonality of officialese also, of course, allows the civil servant to hide behind the monolithic structure of his organisation.
149. Housewife /ˈhaʊs.waɪf/: Nội chợ
E.g: She’s not the type of person to stay at home and be a housewife.
150. Translator /trænzˈleɪ.tər/: Người phiên dịch
E.g: He works as a translator and political researcher.
151. Landlord /ˈlænd.lɔːd/: Chủ nhà (người cho thuê nhà)
E.g: The landlord had promised to redecorate the bedrooms before we moved in.
152. Librarian /laɪˈbreə.ri.ən/: Thủ thư
E.g: We are told that the librarian was among thefirstto render homage.
153. Miner /ˈmaɪ.nər/: Thợ mỏ
E.g: The miners went on strike to try to save jobs.
154. Security guard /sɪˈkjʊə.rɪ.ti ˌɡɑːd/: Nhân viên bảo vệ
E.g: The home is surrounded by a fence, and a security guard was at the gate every 24 hours.
155. Bookkeeper /ˈbʊkˌkiː.pər/: Nhân viên kế toán
E.g: My first job was as a bookkeeper.
156. Bookmaker /ˈbʊkˌmeɪ.kər/: Nhà cái (cá cược)
E.g: The way in which bookmakers pass on the duty to punters is a matter for their commercial judgment.
157. Store detective /ˈstɔː dɪˌtek.tɪv/: Nhân viên quan sát khách hàng (ngăn ngừa hành vi trộm cắp)
E.g: What training is required of a store detective as far as the law is concerned?
158. Travel agent /ˈtræv.əl ˌeɪ.dʒənt/: Đại lý du lịch
E.g: A personal software travel agent should preserve the interests of its client.
159. Carer /ˈkeə.rər/: Người chăm sóc
E.g: The carer can now serve the dying with compassion, deep caring, professional knowledge, and comfort in the presence of the patient.
160. Counsellor /ˈkaʊn.səl.ər/: Cố vấn
E.g: The college now has a counsellor to help students with both personal and work problems.
161. Dental hygienist /ˈden.təl haɪˌdʒiː.nɪst/: Chuyên viên vệ sinh răng miệng
E.g: Let us consider first the increase in the number of dental hygienists in most of our dental practices.
162. Blacksmith /ˈblæk.smɪθ/: Thợ rèn
E.g: After comparing accounts with all of his clients the blacksmith treated his clients to food and drink.
163. Groundsman /ˈɡraʊndz.mən/: Người trông coi sân bãi (thể thao)
E.g: Amateur clubs have no paid officials, with the exception of a groundsman to look after the pitch.
164. Masseur /mæsˈɜːr/: Nam nhân viên xoa bóp
E.g: To make a living, he started working as a masseur three years ago.
165. Masseuse /mæsˈɜːz/: Nữ nhân viên xoa bóp
E.g: I might mention that fourteen additional masseuses were recently supplied, making an increase of twelve over the establishment.
166. Stonemason /ˈstəʊnˌmeɪ.sən/: Thợ đá
E.g: Or consider the case of an organized trade such as the stonemasons.
167. Tiler /ˈtaɪ.lər/: Thợ lợp ngói
E.g: Can you recommend a good tiler?
168. Tree surgeon /ˈtriː ˌsɜː.dʒən/: Chuyên gia bảo vệ thực vật
E.g: A tree surgeon has provided advice on clearance of ivy and other vegetation that covers the castle.
169. Barman /ˈbɑː.mən/: Người bán hàng rong
E.g: It is the public house keeper or barman’s responsibility to make quite certain of the age of the person to whom he sells.
170. Barmaid /ˈbɑː.meɪd/: Cô hầu bàn
E.g: It would depend on how good is the barmaid.
171. Bouncer /ˈbaʊn.sər/: Bảo vệ quán bar
E.g: A greeter, perhaps the bouncer, confirms that his father has been coming for a week and leaving with the same woman.
172. Newsreader /ˈnjuːzˌriː.dər/: Phát thanh viên
E.g: Yet the newsreader’s solution may also help here.
173. Weather forecaster /ˈweð.ə ˌfɔː.kɑː.stər/: Người dự báo thời tiết
E.g: Economic forecasters are about as reliable as old-fashioned weather forecasters.
174. Magistrate /ˈmædʒ.ɪ.streɪt/: Thẩm phán
E.g: He will appear before the magistrates tomorrow.
175. Private detective /ˌpraɪ.vət dɪˈtek.tɪv/: Thám tử tư
E.g: She hired a private detective to find out if her husband was having an affair.
176. Traffic warden /ˈtræf.ɪk ˌwɔː.dən/: Nhân viên kiểm soát bãi đỗ xe
E.g: A traffic warden gave me a ticket for parking on a double yellow line.
177. Personal trainer /ˌpɜː.sən.əl ˈtreɪ.nər/: Huấn luyện viên cá nhân (thể hình)
E.g: Sandy works out with her personal trainer every week.
178. Footballer /ˈfʊt.bɔː.lər/: Cầu thủ bóng đá
E.g: The problem itself occurs between real footballers on a field.
179. Sportsman /ˈspɔːts.mən/: Vận động viên
E.g: He’ll be remembered both as a brilliant player and as a true sportsman.
180. Sportswoman /ˈspɔːtsˌwʊm.ən/: Nữ vận động viên
E.g: I believe that racism, doping, and the treatment of sportswomen and sportsmen as commodities have left deep scars on the image of fair play.
181. Airman /ˈeə.mən/: Lính không quân
E.g: It is a fine collection of flying stories largely compiled from the accounts of the airmen involved.
182. Company /ˈkʌm.pə.ni/: Công ty
E.g: He works for a software company/a company that makes software.
183. Combatant /ˈkɒm.bə.tənt/: Chiến binh/người tham chiến
E.g: The fight generally comes to a quick conclusion when one of the combatants adopts a submissive posture and flees.
184. Commander /kəˈmɑːn.dər/: Chỉ huy
E.g: Demissie allowed his field commanders sufficient freedom of action while demanding full accountability.
185. Commander-in-chief /kəˌmɑːn.dər.ɪnˈtʃiːf/: Tổng tư lệnh
E.g: None of these changes was necessarily congenial to the commander-in-chief, for all that he acquiesced in, and even implemented, them.
186. Chief of staff /ˌtʃiːf əv ˈstɑːf/: Chánh văn phòng
E.g: A report to the chief of staff and my chairman resulted in my loss of hospital privileges, and a report to the medical board.
187. General staff /ˌdʒen.ər.əl ˈstɑːf/: Bộ tổng tham mưu
E.g: Full powers were given to the government and the general staff headquarters respectively.
188. Guerrilla /ɡəˈrɪl.ə/: Du kích
E.g: A small band of guerrillas has blown up a train in the mountains.
189. Major /ˈmeɪ.dʒər/: Thiếu tá
E.g: Her father was a major in the Scots Guards.
190. Major general /ˌmeɪ.dʒə ˈdʒen.ər.əl/: Thiếu tướng
E.g: Since the appointed day, five major general salary claims have been dealt with.
191. Mercenary /ˈmɜː.sən.ri/: Lính đánh thuê
E.g: Case in point – those mercenaries flooding into town.
192. Militia /mɪˈlɪʃ.ə/: Dân quân
E.g: Roadblocks, manned by the local militia or police, are frequently used as tools of tax enforcement.
193. Non-commissioned officer /ˌnɒn.kə.mɪʃ.ənd ˈɒf.ɪ.sər/: Hạ sĩ quan
E.g: Prewitt, you know better than talk back to a non-commissioned officer.
194. Priest /priːst/: Thầy tu
E.g: There is still a ban on women priests in the Catholic Church.
195. Vicar /ˈvɪk.ər/: Cha sứ
E.g: We were married by our local vicar.
196. Prostitute /ˈprɒs.tɪ.tʃuːt/: Gái điếm
E.g: She accused him of having phone sex with prostitutes while she was away on business trips.
197. Smuggler /ˈsmʌɡ.lər/: Người buôn lậu
E.g: An increasing number of migrants are turning to smugglers for help.
198. Stripper /ˈstrɪp.ər/: Vữ nữ thoát y
E.g: All the dividend strippers must be laughing up their sleeves at the moment.
199. Archaeologist /ˌɑː.kiˈɒl.ə.dʒɪst/: Nhà khảo cổ học
E.g: A team of archaeologists are working on a previously undisturbed area of the abbey grounds.
200. Property developer /ˈprɒp.ə.ti dɪˌvel.ə.pər/: Nhà phát triển bất động sản
E.g: Let us suppose that it had been not a borough council, but a property developer.
201. Refuse collector /ˈref.juːs kəˌlek.tər/: Nhân viên vệ sinh môi trường
E.g: Is he seriously suggesting that a refuse collector employed by a private company today earns less than a refuse collector in 1979?
202. Surveyor /səˈveɪ.ər/: Kiểm soát viên
E.g: This is a guide to what qualifications to look for when you are hiring a land surveyor.
203. Undertaker /ˈʌn.dəˌteɪ.kər/: Người làm công việc khâm liệm
E.g: It looks as though the author sees himself as a kind of academic undertaker, devoting himself to the interment of bodies of thought.
204. Athlete /ˈæθ.liːt/: Vận động viên
E.g: He became a professional athlete at the age of 16.
205. Foreman /ˈfɔː.mən/: Quản đốc
E.g: After four years on the job, he was promoted to foreman.
206. Maid /meɪd/: Hầu gái
E.g: In the beach resort, the apartments and villas have daily maid service.
207. Manicurist /ˈmæn.ɪ.kjʊə.rɪst/: Thợ làm móng tay
E.g: Again, if it is desirable to license manicurists and to restrict their operation, it ought to be done by national legislation.
208. Professor /prəˈfes.ər/: Giáo sư
E.g: After a talk given by a distinguished professor, a student from the audience takes a few pictures of the speaker.
209. Shipbuilder /ˈʃɪpˌbɪl.dər/: Thợ đóng tàu
E.g: The whole fleet was built by a leading Italian shipbuilder.
210. Drummer /ˈdrʌm.ər/: Tay trống
E.g: The drummer with The Band.
211. Guitarist /ɡɪˈtɑː.rɪst/: Nghệ sĩ guitar
E.g: Throughout the video, the band’s guitarist is seen to be playing.
212. Pianist /ˈpiː.ən.ɪst/: Nghệ sĩ piano
E.g: The pianist is encouraged to experiment with the timing with chunks of 30 seconds of music to determine how the piano part flows.
213. Violinist /ˌvaɪəˈlɪn.ɪst/: Nghệ sĩ vĩ cầm
E.g: He shows how violinists and other string players held their instruments and their bows.
214. Hunter /ˈhʌn.tər/: Thợ săn
E.g: He was an avid hunter, and this was reflected in his artistic work.
215. Jeweler /ˈdʒuː.ə.lɚ/: Thợ kim hoàn
E.g: Jewelry trade publications advise jewelers to present minute surface scratches (which they term patina) as a desirable feature.
216. Locksmith /ˈlɒk.smɪθ/: Thợ khóa
E.g: But in the process the safebreakers turned the locksmiths into the aristocracy of science.
217. Seamstress /ˈsiːm.strəs/: Thợ may
E.g: His wife supplemented their income by working as a seamstress.
218. Diver /ˈdaɪ.vər/: Thợ lặn
E.g: He was a diver on a North Sea oil rig.
219. Garbage collector /ˈɡɑː.bɪdʒ kəˌlek.tər/: Người thu gom rác
E.g: Your garbage collector may not accept a used computer as trash.
220. Realtor /ˈrɪəl.tər/: Môi giới nhà đất
E.g: The conference attracted more than 400 local architects, developers, and Realtors.
221. Retiree /rɪˌtaɪəˈriː/: Người về hưu
E.g: The neighborhood is a mixture of retirees and single professionals.
222. Shipper /ˈʃɪp.ər/: Người giao hàng
E.g: The a priori notion that packers and shippers were more likely to be producer-handlers did not bear out in the analysis.
223. Stuntman /ˈstʌnt.mæn/: Diễn viên đóng thế
E.g: Farmer remade many times the scene with her galloping horse and finally succeeded; however, the dangerous scenes were performed by a stuntman.
224. Bank manager /ˈbæŋk ˌmæn.ɪ.dʒər/: Quản lý ngân hàng
E.g: In the past bank managers knew most of their customers by name.
225. Custodian /kʌsˈtəʊ.di.ən/: Người giám hộ
E.g: She sees herself as a custodian of the public’s morals.
226. Attendant /əˈten.dənt/: Phục vụ phòng
E.g: The Prince was followed by his attendants.
227. Mail carrier /ˈmeɪl ˌkær.i.ər/: Người đưa thư
E.g: Davey worked four years as postmaster and mail carrier before becoming an insurance and real estate agent.
228. Managing director /ˌmæn.ɪdʒ.ɪŋ daɪˈrek.tər/: Giám độc điều hành
E.g: He is the managing director of a cosmetics firm.
229. Physician assistant /fɪˌzɪʃ.ən əˈsɪs.tənt/: Trợ lý bác sĩ
E.g: Physician assistants train to work in settings such as hospitals, clinics and other types of health facilities or virtually via telemedicine services.
230. Physical therapist /ˌfɪz.ɪ.kəl ˈθer.ə.pɪst/: Nhà trị liệu vật lý
E.g: The sessions were led by a psychiatrist or psychologist and cofacilitated by a nurse, physical therapist, chaplain, or social worker.
231. Retired /rɪˈtaɪəd/: Nghỉ hưu
E.g: Both my parents are retired.
232. Sanitation worker /sæn.ɪˈteɪ.ʃən ˌwɜː.kər/: Công nhân vệ sinh
E.g: A municipal sanitation worker lost his hand in the blast.
233. Self-employed /ˌself.ɪmˈplɔɪd/: Tự kinh doanh
E.g: Do you pay less tax if you’re self-employed?
234. Shop assistant /ˈʃɒp əˌsɪs.tənt/: Nhân viên bán hàng
E.g: We’ll need to talk to the seller and see if they’ll accept your bid on the house.
235. Technician /tekˈnɪʃ.ən/: Kỹ thuật viên
E.g: Rehabilitation technicians are based in some hospitals providing a network of trained staff throughout the country with some responsibility for disability.
236. Telemarketer /ˈtelɪˌmɑːkɪtər/: Người tiếp thị qua điện thoại
E.g: Telemarketers have to be careful not to invade their customers’ privacy.
237. Unemployed /ˌʌn.ɪmˈplɔɪd/: Thất nghiệp
E.g: He’s been unemployed for over a year.
238. Policewoman /pəˈliːsˌwʊm.ən/: Nữ cảnh sát
E.g: Regional differences were exposed at national and district meetings of policewomen.
239. Veterinary surgeon /ˌvet.ər.ɪ.nər.i ˈsɜː.dʒən/: Bác sĩ phẫu thuật thú ý
E.g: These are matters about which a veterinary surgeon, although expert in his own line, is not likely to be at all knowledgeable.
240. Housekeeper /ˈhaʊsˌkiː.pər/: Người giữ nhà
E.g: The productive value (product utility) of home production may best be estimated by taking the wage rate of a professional housekeeper.
241. Job /dʒɒb/: Việc làm
E.g: Hundreds of workers could lose their jobs.
Trên đây là 241 từ vựng tiếng Anh về nghề nghiệp thường xuyên sử dụng. Nếu bạn có những từ vựng bổ sung nào khác thì có thể comment xuống phía dưới để cho mọi người cùng biết nhé!
Bên cạnh đó, các bạn cùng tham khảo thêm lượng từ vựng tiếng Anh thông dụng hay gặp nhất để áp dụng thêm cho các bài thi của mình nha.
Nguồn tham khảo ví dụ – phiên âm: Cambridge dictionary