Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2016 có đáp án
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp tỉnh môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Sở GD-ĐT Hà Nội năm học 2015 – 2016 là tài liệu ôn thi học sinh giỏi mới nhất dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng luyện tập nhé!
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 huyện Cẩm Xuyên, Hà Tĩnh năm học 2013 – 2014
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 trường THCS Phù Đổng, Quảng Nam năm học 2014 – 2015
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 huyện Thanh Oai năm học 2015 – 2016
I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others by circling A, B, C or D. (5 pts)
1. A. action B. national C. partial D. question
2. A. tidal B. sight C. describe D. cinema
3. A. connect B. comfort C. computer D. contest
4. A. cough B. though C. rough D. tough
5. A. pleased B. erased C. increased D. amused
II. Choose one word whose stress pattern is different from the others by circling A, B, C or D. (5 pts)
1. A. medical B. restaurant C. remember D. government
2. A. household B. homework C. garbage D. throughout
3. A. electrical B. interesting C. necessary D. beautifully
4. A. celebrate B. consider C. expression D. criteria
5. A. partner B. between C. visit D. program
III. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences by circling A, B, C or D. (10 pts)
1. – Mary: “Is 11 o’clock alright?” – Tom: “______.”
A. Yes, that’s fine B. No, I don’t want to go
C. Wait a minute D. Sounds interesting
2. Typhoons, floods or droughts can easily ______ a harvest.
A. finish B. destroy C. provide D. defeat
3. You should pay ______ to what the instruction is saying.
A. attendance B. intention C. convention D. attention
4. My friends usually enjoy my ______ of humor.
A. sense B. kind C. means D. form
5. – Mother: “Could you do me a favor?” – Kate: “______.”
A. No, thanks. I’m fine B. Yes, that’s kind of you
C. Yes, sure D. Yes, thank you
6. Practising ______ English anywhere you can is a way to better your speaking skill.
A. speak B. speaking C. to speak D. for speaking
7. Soak some old newspapers in a ______ of water overnight.
A. pair B. bunch C. bucket D. tube
8. Mrs. Thanh: “______ you give the book to me, please?” – Mai: “Of course.” .
A. Will B. Shall C. Do D. Should
9. The winners are the first ones ______ a fire.
A. make B. makes C. making D. to make
10. Children may drink or eat chemicals and drugs ______ they look like soft drinks and candy.
A. until B. because C. although D. so that
IV. Fill in each blank with a suitable preposition. (5 pts)
1. We should cover the burned area ________ a thick sterile dressing.
2. They fell ________ love ________ each other almost immediately and were married in a few weeks.
3. Next month I’m going to Scotland ________ a short holiday.
4. Their parents are very proud ________ their results.
5. What is the difference ________ “clean up” and “clean out”?
6. We are going to hold a discussion ________ recycling.
7. The boy fell ________ his bike and hit his head ________ the road.
8. Santa Claus is based ________ the description of Saint Nicholas.
V. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the words in capital letters. (10 pts)
1. In 2013, the World Water Week will be held under the theme “Water ________________-Building Partnerships”. (COOPERATE)
2. ______________________, dark clouds soon appeared and it began to rain. (FORTUNE)
3. Laura is the most __________________________ person in our group. (BEAUTY)
4. Many ______________________ of the older generation were there. (REPRESENT)
5. She has cut herself, and it is ____________________ quite badly. (BLOOD)
6. His health was seriously affected and he suffered from constant _____________________. (SLEEP)
7. Bao is ________________________ kind and generous to everyone. (EXTREME)
8. I’m pleased to hear that you had an ________________________ Christmas vacation. (ENJOY)
9. This knife is _________________________ – it can cut everything. (USE)
10. The Scouting Association is the largest _____________________ youth organization in the world. (VOLUNTEER)
VI. Put the sentences (A – J) in the correct order (1 – 10 ) to make a meaningful conversation. (5 pts)
B. Yes, can you come at ten to three on Wednesday afternoon?
C. What name is it, please?
D. Yes, that’s fine.
E. It’s Tom Smith.
F. Yes, can I make an appointment with doctor Wall, please?
G. No, I’m sorry, I can’t. What about the evening?
H. Good morning. Can I help you?
I. Thank you Mr. Smith. Goodbye.
J. Doctor Wall isn’t here in the evening on Wednesday, I’m afraid. I can put you in at half past six on Thursday evening.
VII. Give the correct tense or form of the verbs in brackets to complete the following sentences. (10 pts)
1. How many times you (be) to London this year? _____________________
2. The two girls (play) chess over there are my classmates. _____________________
3. We must take an umbrella. It (rain). _____________________
4. The guests (arrive) while I (still / cook). _____________________
5. The rice-cooking festival (hold) every two years. _____________________
6. I often (climb) trees when I was a little girl. _____________________
7. Two miles (be) enough for her to go jogging every morning. _____________________
8. I’m very bored. My mother always (complain) about her housework. _____________________
9. Fred would like (admit) to the college. _____________________
VIII. Each of the following sentences contains one error. Underline and correct it. (5 pts)
1. We won’t get to the airport in least than 30 minutes.
2. Your grandfather and I are delighting that you passed your English exam.
3. People use first-aid in order for ease the victim’s pain and anxiety.
4. We believe that she feels very badly about her mistake.
5. The big present is wrapped in red papers is five dollars.
< p>IX. Fill in each numbered space with ONE appropriate word. (10 pts)
Youth Month 2013 launched nationwide
(1) ______ February 28th, over 1,500 young people gathered at a ceremony to kick off Youth Month 2013 in the central province of Thua Thien Hue under the theme “Youth Action for an urban civilised lifestyle”.
At the (2) ______, 500 youngsters volunteered to (3) ______ more than 400 units of blood to the Hue Central Hospital. Hundreds of Youth Union members took part in propagation to (4) ______ public awareness on environmental protection, traffic safety, and urban civilisation.
For the entire month of March, activities will (5) ______ directed to motivate young people’s participation in diverse activities, (6) ______ giving feedback to the Draft Amendment of the 1992 Constitution, building a civilised lifestyle, protecting the environment (7) ______ urban landscape.
There will be “Green Sunday” and “Volunteering Saturday” with intensive activities to (8) ______ up the surroundings, remove illegal advertising posters, eliminate black spots of pollution. The Youth Month was first launched in 2004 and has become (9) ______ annual event for the youth, which aims (10) ______ increase young people’s responsibilities to the community and the nation.
X. Read the passage below and then circle the correct answer A, B, C or D. (10 pts)
Have you ever been to Britain? I’ve dreamed of going there (1) ______ I was a little girl and finally, (2) ______ the spring of 2012, it happened. I was there three weeks and (3) ______ much of that time soaking up the culture, history, and scenery of this incredible island. I visited several districts in England, Wales and Scotland and even (4) ______ a site trip to Ireland. Every place I went to seemed to be more interesting and more beautiful (5) ______ the last.
The tour I was with began in London. Of all the sights I saw there, the Tower of London was the most (6) ______. The Tower is a building complex of incredibly rich history.
Also on the Thames are the Houses of Parliament and, of course, the clock tower housing “Big Ben”. I saw so many landmarks I can hardly remember them all. Although it was just a glimpse of London I did, (7) ______, get a chance to see all the (8)______ famous places.
After (9) ______ of days in London we traveled to the south of England stopping to visit Stonehenge. If you don’t know about Stonehenge there are a couple of links on my links page that will (10) ______ you to sites that can fill you in.
1. A. for B. while C. since D. because
2. A. on B. in C. at D. to
3. A. spent B. took C. did D. used
4. A. did B. got C. spent D. made
5. A. then B. as C. with D. than
6. A. interesting B. interested C. interest D. interestingly
7. A. at first B. at all C. at least D. at that
8. A. more B. much C. most D. many
9. A. few B. some C. a couple D. little
10. A. reach B. take C. make D. send
XI. Read the following text then choose from the list A-F the best sentence to fill each of the spaces. There is one extra sentence which you do not need. (5 pts)
I have recently become very worried about my 15-year-old son, Nick. Although he was never brilliant at school, he used to get reasonable good marks. (1) ______.
He used to be such a good swimmer that he won several prizes. But now he has given up training. And instead of neat clothes he used to wear, all he ever puts on is the same pair of shabby of old jeans and a dirty sweatshirt.
(2) ______. Nick was in the kitchen. The radio was so loud that he didn’t hear me come behind him. My handbag was on the table. (3) ______.
We had a terrible row. Finally, he broke down and confessed everything. He has been going every day to a big amusement arcade near his school and playing electronics games with nick names like Space Warrior and Alien Invaders. I had always thought they were harmless. (4) ______.
He has promised he won’t go there again, but I think he’s too addicted to stop. (5) ______. What can I do to help him?
A. But now I realize that he’s so hooked on them, he’ll even steal from his own mother in order to pay for the habit.
B. Even if he wanted to, he couldn’t – and he doesn’t .
C. I often leave it there so that I won’t forget it when I go out.
D. He had taken some money out of it and was just about to put it in his pocket.
E. But that isn’t all. Last Sunday, I got up earlier than usual.
F. But now his work has become so bad that his teachers say he is just wasting his time there.
XII. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means the same as the first one, beginning with the given words. (10 pts)
1. “You shouldn’t lend him any more money,” Mrs. Tuyet said to Nga.
Mrs. Tuyet advised _____________________________________________________________.
2. Everyone was surprised to see Geoff leave the party early.
3. It was so late that nothing could be done.
It was too _____________________________________________________________________.
4. Is this the best price you can offer?
Can’t you _____________________________________________________________________?
5. I don’t go to church every Sunday any longer.
I used to ______________________________________________________________________.
6. I sent my friend a letter in London last week.
A letter _______________________________________________________________________.
7. I last saw him when I was a student.
I haven’t ______________________________________________________________________.
8. “Don’t forget to bring your passports with you when you go abroad.”
She reminded __________________________________________________________________.
9. Smoking is not allowed in the ward.
Would you ____________________________________________________________________?
10. He failed the exam because of his laziness.
XIII. Use the given word to write the second sentence in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Do not change the form of the given word. (5 pts)
1. I wanted to finish my homework, so I stayed up late last night. (as)
I stayed _______________________________________________________________________.
2. The thick fog prevented me from driving to work. (made)
The thick fog __________________________________________________________________.
3. Nick hasn’t been to Vietnam before. (time)
This is ________________________________________________________________________.
4. Mr. Lam teaches English. Mr. Hai teaches Math. (subject)
Mr. Lam doesn’t ______________________________________________________________.
5. I’d rather not see him tomorrow. (want)
XIV. Use the given suggestions to complete sentences. (5 pts)
1. Instead / reuse / plastic bags / we / use / cloth bags.
2. Will / you / have / look / house / me / while / I / be / holiday?
3. We / hope / give / more / green / color / town / and / earn / money / group.
4. “Friends of the Earth” / be / organization / protect / planet.
5. It / brave / him / jump / river / save / child.
– The end –